Tuesday 28 February 2012

Flash Fiction Series 1#

Okay, so Flash Fiction is a sort of writers exercise that requires novelists to write a story or conversation in 55 words, no more, no less. The subject matter is yours to decide. Here are a few of my own, two are fantasy, the third is a fan fiction (based on the Japanese Anime Neon Genesis Evangellion) and the last is a reflection of my life back in a brighter time, and even that was dark!

Flash Fiction

The Lonesome Knight – A first attempt at a 55 word flash fiction – By King
The Lonesome knight killed the dragon but was told by the king to slay “The Beast”, the Queen was actually a siren, the real beast. The king loved her but was under her spell. The knight plunged his dagger into her. The King was saddened but nevertheless rewarded the Knight and carried on with life.


She fought with Chainmail – An attempt at a 55 word flash fiction – By King
She fought with her armour on. With her chain mail hands she fought creatures spanning the globe. From the prudest drunkard to the mightiest beast. She taught me everything I know. As I grew, I watched her from her humble beginnings as a teenager, up until her death. That was her story. Now mine begins.

Evangelion -  An attempt at a 55 word Fan-Flash Fiction – By King
“Eva ready to launch” Maya Ibuki, the first lieutenant called out to Misato Katuragi, the Major.
Misato spoke with her arms folded to the pilots, Rei Ayanami and Shinji Ikari. “Are you ready?”
“Yes” confirmed Rei
“Shinji?” Misato asked
“Yes, Ready” Shinji confirmed
“Launch Eva!” Misato ordered as the Evangellions blasted up into the sky.

Darkness –An attempt at a 55 word Flash Fiction By King
Darkness consumes me, flooded with raw misery before being sent into a guilty ocean. I feel lost. I’ll never spot the big picture - too many distractions. I hold so many problems, problems with myself and problems with my existence, dis’ be the winter of thy life – yet, tis not hath only a darkened summer.  

No comments:

Post a Comment